Sunday, October 2, 2011

SO... what's the difference?


Recently I was asked if I’m the one that makes home births painless. Good golly I wish I was that good! Can you just see me flitting around waving my magic wand singing... Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo! (insert sudden urge to go to Disneyland!)

Focus Shannon, Focus... ok....

As a doula, I can certainly help you overcome unrealistic fears of pain, help manage it and help you trust your body and remain calm and focused! I can help your partner know the best ways to help you too.

Another question I'm asked a lot is if your having a midwife, do you still need a doula. Yes! Remember that a midwife is with you in a medical capacity. Her priority is to monitor and tend to you and your baby. A doula is there just for you, your comforter, encourager, massager. She is not distracted by the medical side of things and is free to provide you with continuous support.

I get asked all the time about the difference between birth professionals and this article explains them well.

I'd love to hear about your experience with these professionals, good or bad!

The Obstetrician, The Midwife, The Nurse & The Doula « Mother’s Advocate Blog.

hugs n love to ya,
Shannon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate your feedback! Even if it's in disagreement, please keep your posts kind and clean. =) Have a super blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...